Really impressed with this game. Lots of atmosphere and very intriguing
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
o mano, cade o jogo do sabadaço ? era genial, queria tanto jogar.
Cara, tive que tirar ele do ar a pedidos do próprio Fher (o Kasinão em pessoa haha), mas foi tudo numa boa. Por isso não fiz mais reupload do jogo.
I braced myself for this a little bit because I thought there will be jumpscares or someone or something might chase you out of nowhere but good thing the game doesn't have all of those. the plot of the game is interesting since it is 1854. werewolves, vampires and witches were a thing so I think that the creature that were focusing on falls perfectly in this setting. really nice game
p.s game starts at 00:13
Very nice game. I love PS1 games and loved the graphics. Did find the navigation awkward at points but a nice game none the less :D
I would have to say that this is a really interesting game. The graphics is also really good. It did a good job with the spoooooppy atmospher. Amazing Game!
Really liked the investigative nature of this one. I think the ending could have been a tiny bit more scary but I really liked the path to get there!
Thanks for playing! Yeah, I'm aware about that and many other issues as pointed in your video...the game was made for a game jam, so I just didn't bother to update it after it was finished :p
But those learnings will be certainly put to use in future projects of the same kind, if I ever do another one of these C:
I really liked the enviroments and the backstory of this game.
I loved this one!
Since the first Alone in the Dark game came out, this "fixed-camera" view has always sent shivers down my spine... what could lurk behind that angle that you are about to turn? What could be just outside your field of view?
The fact that the music stops after gathering all the info is unsettling, too... great work!
Hey! Thanks for playing - I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought I wasn't going to make it on time, but the hard work paid off - looks like most people who've played liked it so far :D
Is the game finished and needs no further updates?
Yes, pretty much! It was made for the Haunted PS1 Wreteched Weekend 1 Jam, so I've tried wrapping the game up during the jam. I don't plan on adding anything else to it.
Great use of setting. I thought the camera angles added greatly to the experience. I had a bit of trouble finding the fireplace area, but I made it eventually (some extra hinting in this area might help, if you want to do an update). I liked how I was able to piece together the answer to what happened by myself, even if it did feel like the character I was playing was a few steps behind where I was. Fun game!
Thanks for playing! Yeah, during development I was having problems with the camera angle in that area. I've decided to leave it there like that because of time constraints, but I was sure it was going to be a problem (since even I had problems with it).
Some feedback and reports:
1. Right after looking out the rightmost window I moved down/left and just clipped off the floor and feel out of screen (actually scared me shitless). I tried again and I always seem to fall through.
2. The 'E' button doesn't seem to always work to interact with things, and doesn't work at all to close text screens or choose options.
3. It would be great to be able to speed up/skip text, because sometimes I interact with things I had seen already.
1) Woah, that didn't happen to me at all. I'm going to check what is happening. EDIT: Checked it, but I can't seem to reproduce the bug. Could you give me some more information about your OS, computer speces, etc? Also, can you be more specific on how to trigger it? Is it only after looking at the window, or even without looking at it you fall through the floor? Does it only happen in that exact spot? Please give as much info as posible.
2) Yeah, I didn't even program them - the WASD works as a side effect of the code I wrote :v But I'm going to add suport for it. EDIT: Fixed!
3) Yup, I didn't add this because I was running out of time and had to prioritize other stuff, but I'm definitely going to make an update to add it. EDIT: Fixed!
Thanks for playing and reporting the bugs!
Ok that´s really crazy... I booted up the game again to try the first glitch (the game version I downloaded yesterday) and I didn't fall through the floor this time. It happened to me twice the other day so on the third try I siply avoided it, but now I can't get it to happen again. I will further test it. I'm on a Windows 7 64 bit btw.
Also thanks on the patches, and congratulations on the game!
Really impressive stuff here. Short but filled to the brim with atmosphere. The style used here reminds me a lot of Resident Evil 1, especially the way the doors open at the start and end.
Only thing that put me off was the quality of the writing for the books. Most of them could have used some work with grammar or story telling. They were still able to get the point across though, and service the story well.
Also it might be nice to allow for speeding up of the description text when you look at objects. If I have already read "The restricted section is quite messy..." a few times it would be nice to be able to press enter to speed it up.
Yeah, I agree 100% that the writing was mediocre at best haha, I was already running out of time when I actually went to write the books, and I sorta "forced" the words to come out (couldn't afford to keep thinking much, so I just started to write as I went). Also, I consider narrative one of my weakest skills atm.
Yup, I also thought about adding the "fast text" thing, but again, I was running out of time...I'm actually going to add it in the game in a small update. EDIT: Fixed!